Using the Industrial Ecology Virtual Laboratory
Access to the IELab is open to any registered user. Datafeed code is open source (subject to appropriate referencing and citation); optimiser code is compiled and free for research use by registered users. Access to full data, datafeeds and analytical functionality incurs fees as operating and maintaining the IELab is associated with considerable costs. Fees are being kept to an absolute minimum, covering software licences and essential maintenance only. The fee structure is being kept simple in order to minimise administrative overheads. The following fees apply (Australian Dollars):
- Annual Individual Subscription (research only): $200
- Annual University or Government Department Subscription (1-5 users): $800
- Annual Additional University or Government Department Users (each): $200
- Annual Registration of Student Cohorts / Class Registrations: $800
- Annual Consultancy or Company Subscription: $3000
All fees are independent of the actual amount of usage.
To pay, please visit the payment website.
Users may request paid access to restricted data on a one-off basis. Submission of data to the repository via datafeed is open to all registered users and may lead to the discounting or waiving of subscription fees. Fees are discounted or waived for one year if the user contributes well-structured, fully functional datafeeds. Discounted pricing is available for lower-middle and low-income countries.
Datafeed authors agree that data produced from their published feeds can be used by other IELab users and that other IELab users may pass on the data to non-IELab users.
Users of IELab data agree to adequately cite datafeed authors for data used from the IELab. An example for such a citation is "Lane, J (2016) Greenhouse gas datafeed, Industrial Ecology Virtual Laboratory, https://ielab.info." Repeated failure to adequately cite data feeds or data outputs from IELab will initiate a review of the user(s) and action may be taken according to the Eligibility, Registration, Access, and Termination terms and conditions.
Modification of the Agreement
Eligibility, Registration, Access, and Termination
The http://ielab.info site is limited to non-commercial educational and research activities. Posting of spam messages or other commercial advertisements is a violation of these terms and may result in termination of your account.
Certain portions of http://ielab.info are limited to registered users and/or allow a user to participate in online services by entering personal information. You agree that any information provided to http://ielab.info in these areas will be complete and accurate, and that you will neither register under the name of nor attempt to enter http://ielab.info under the name of another person or entity.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user ID and password, if any, and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. http://ielab.info does not authorize use of your User ID by third-parties.
Privacy and Confidentiality
We respect your privacy. We will only use your personal identification information to support and manage your use of http://ielab.info, including the use of tracking cookies to facilitate http://ielab.info security procedures. Usage of http://ielab.info is monitored and usage statistics are collected and reported on a regular basis. http://ielab.info also reserves the right to contact you to request additional information or to keep you updated on changes to http://ielab.info. You may opt out of receiving newsletters and other non-essential communications. No information that would identify you personally will be provided to sponsors or third parties without your permission.
All information posted or stored on http://ielab.info is potentially available to all other users of http://ielab.info. UNSW Australia and http://ielab.info disclaim any responsibility or capability for the preservation of confidentiality of such information. Do not post or store information on http://ielab.info if you expect to or are obligated to protect the confidentiality of that information.
You are responsible at all times for using http://ielab.info in a manner that is legal, ethical, and not to the detriment of others. Quotas for disk storage, job submissions, and other limited resources are strictly enforced. You may request an increase in your quota, but attempting to circumvent your quota is unethical and may lead to a termination of your account. You agree to delete unused files and acknowledge that if you fail to do so, the files may be deleted for you. You agree that you will not:
- Use email addresses obtained or accessed through http://ielab.info to transmit the same or substantially similar unsolicited message to multiple recipients without a valid purpose specifically related to the research and education mission of http://ielab.info;
- Use http://ielab.info to commit a criminal offense or to encourage others to conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability;
- Violate any applicable law;
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable content;
- Use http://ielab.info to impersonate other parties or entities;
- Use http://ielab.info to upload any content that contains a software virus, "Trojan Horse" or any other computer code, files, or programs that may alter, damage, or interrupt the functionality of http://ielab.info or the hardware or software of any other person who accesses http://ielab.info;
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any materials that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under a contractual relationship;
- Alter, damage, or delete any content posted on http://ielab.info;
- Disrupt the normal flow of communication in any way;
- Claim a relationship with or speak for any business, association, or other organization for which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship;
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation;
- Post any material that infringes or violates the intellectual property rights of another.
The Industrial Ecology Virtual Laboratory and any information, products or services on it are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. UNSW Australia and http://ielab.info do not warrant, and hereby disclaim any warranties, either express or implied, with respect to the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of any good, service, or information obtained from http://ielab.info. UNSW Australia does not warrant that http://ielab.info will operate in an uninterrupted or error-free manner or that http://ielab.info is free of viruses or other harmful components. Use of http://ielab.info is at your own risk.
Neither UNSW Australia nor any other IELab partner guarantees that the material made available from IELab websites and servers is either accurate, complete, up-to-date, or fit for any use whatsoever, or represents or implies that its use will not infringe privately held rights. Neither UNSW Australia nor any other IELab partner accepts any liability or responsibility for any loss or damage suffered as a result of direct or indirect use or application of any material or information made available from IELab websites and servers.
You agree that http://ielab.info and its administrator, UNSW Australia, shall have no liability for any consequential, indirect, punitive, special or incidental damages, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable (including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, errors, loss of data, or interruption in availability of data), arising out of or relating to your use of http://ielab.info or any resource that you access through http://ielab.info.
The http://ielab.info site hosts content from a number of authors. The statements and views of these authors are theirs alone, and do not reflect the stances or policies of UNSW Australia or any sponsors, nor does their posting imply the endorsement of UNSW Australia or any sponsors.
Choice of Law/Forum Selection/Attorney Fees
You agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to http://ielab.info, whether based in contract, tort, statutory or other law, will be governed by federal law and by the laws of New South Wales, Australia, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You further consent to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue in the federal and state courts located in and serving New South Wales, Australia as the exclusive legal forums for any such dispute.